Summer is here! And Staycations look like being very popular this year. So days out and short breaks look like being on everyone’s itinerary. With that in mind, lets look at some easily portable games that you can take with you and play almost anywhere. So when the Great British weather catches you out, you have something to do while the showers pass. Most of them are great for kids, the main reason that the recommend age is quite high for some is because of the small parts. The manual dexterity games are not so good for use on a train or coach but are great at a picnic or pub table. The rest are great for this. We have selected a range here to suit all tastes.
- Its a roll and write game
- 2 to 5 players
- About 20 minutes playing time
- Aged 8+ but younger ones would have no problems playing it.
- Compact, it will fit into a pocket.
- Contains Rules, Pencils, Score Sheets and 6 multicoloured dice.
And we are selling it for £11.50
- 2 to 6 players
- 3 to 15 minutes playing time
- Ages 6+
- A manual dexterity game.
- Draw a card
- Build the fire using a pair of tweezers to pick up the kindling and match the card.
- Don’t drop anything!
- Comes in a pocket sized tin
- Robust parts for long life
This one is only £8.00
Air, Land & Sea
- 2 Players
- Aged 14+
- 20 minutes
- A deck building game
- Players use Battle Cards and their special ability’s to gain the advantage.
- Whoever wins 2 of the 3 areas, Air, Land and Sea, wins the game.
- Slightly larger but will fit into a jacket pocket with ease.
- 2 to 8 players
- 3 to 15 minutes
- Ages 6+
- Manual dexterity
- Comes in a tin about the size of the old fashioned baccy tin.
- 48 wooden cats
- Draw a card and stack the cats to match
- 2 to 4 players
- 20 minutes play time
- Age 10 +
- Comes in a handy drawstring bag
- Can you get the Love Letter to the princess while keeping other players letters away?
- Very replayable
This one is £8.00 and a steal at that price.
- 3 to 7 players
- Age 8+
- about 10 minutes
- This has been around for about 10 years now and is as good as ever.
- Do you take the card and its score?
- Do you say “No Thanks” and pay a chip? But chips cost 1 score point each.
- Do you take the card with its stack of chips?
- No more chips? You get the card and its chips anyway.
- You can cover consecutively numbered cards with the lowest number and just score that value.
- Do you take a card you want or do you see if it will go around once more and earn you more chips?
- Lowest score wins.
- Needs no introduction, a timeless game.
- And at this price its definitely in our budget range
Seriously low priced at only £8.00 each, but we don’t have many.
- One of our budget range
- It needs no introduction
£1.75 a copy
Pick Up Sticks
- Another of our budget range
- The original manual dexterity game
- A playground favorite
- A great addition to our budget game range
- Another classic card game
- 2 to 10 players
- Aged 7+
- Includes 3 customisable cards to make special house rules if you want.
- A favorite of ours
- 2 to 4 players
- Age 6+
- 30 to 60 minutes
- 108 wooden tiles
- Zip closed travel pouch
- A very well made and robust game
- The game you know and love just smaller
- Pieces fit into holes on the board and cant move unless you want them to.
- Comes in a suitcase shaped box
- 3 to 6 players
- Age 8+
We only have one left and its £5.00 to clear
That’s part one folks. I will be posting part two tomorrow, but we have to get the Cafe ready for evening service and I tend to spread out a bit.
Stay safe and happy travels when you do venture out.
Don’t forget that we offer free local delivery in a 20 mile radius of the Cafe for all orders over £25.00, this does include the holiday parks. And we only take cash I’m afraid.